ASSIGNED: FRI 25 OCT
WED 06 NOV
1. GRIFFITHS PROBLEM 10.1, PAGE 370. (Hint: See notes.)
2. GRIFFITHS PROBLEM 10.2, PAGE 376. (Take α = π/2 as in class to
3. GRIFFITHS PROBLEM 10.3, PAGE 381. (Hint: See notes.)
4. GRIFFITHS PROBLEM 10.4, PAGE 382.
5. GRIFFITHS PROBLEM 10.5, PAGE 382.
6. GRIFFITHS PROBLEM 10.6, PAGE 384. (Instead work out the
simpler analog to Eq. 10.56 for circular loop at the equator.
Take α = π/2 as in class to simplify computation. Answer: γ = –2π = –Ω.
"In the renormalization group method you take a structure you don't
understand and convert it to another structure you don't understand.
You keep doing it until you finally understand."
— Sir Michael Berry (1941– )